Start a new topic

RegEx for Dictionary

We are using ImportOMatic for Raisers Edge.

I need 2 values in my dictionary.

ACTUAL DATA IMPORT VALUES:  

1 Corporate Table Sponsor
2 Individual Ticket

I need the following VALUES to be written to the database:

Table
Individual Ticket

What Regular expression would I use to achieve this?

Thanks

Thank you!

In that case, you just need the regex expression for "any number of numbers at the start of the line", which is ^[0-9]+

Replacement Value = Table, Values to match on = ^[0-9]+ Corporate Table Sponsor$

Replacement Value = Individual Ticket, Values to match on = ^[0-9]+ Individual Ticket$

That will match values like:

• 1 Corporate Table Sponsor
  • 2 Corporate Table Sponsor
  • 26 Corporate Table Sponsor
  • 45345645 Corporate Table Sponsor

It won't match

• Corporate Table Sponsor (doesn't start with any numbers)
  • 1,200 Corporate Table Sponsor (the comma isn't a number)
  • 2 Corporate Table Sponsors (there's an extra "s" at the end)

If you want it to match that last value, you just need to leave off the "$", which is what tells regex to look for the end of the line.

You could use \d instead of [0-9], but I think the latter is a bit more intuitive.

Google's pretty handy for this: it also returns web sites where you can test what values match against a given regex expression, such as https://www.regextester.com/95029

Thank you.  However, I just realized that the numbers in front of the text DO CHANGE.  Therefore, I will need some sort of Wild Card for them.

I just realized the numbers in front of the text DO CHANGE.  So I would need a wild card of some sort for the beginning characters

David is correct. This is just a straight text-replacement so you don't need to use RegEx at all. Add the replacement values (Table, Individual Ticket) in the left box. Select Table and then add 1 Corporate Table Sponsor in the right side box. Then select Individual Ticket on the left and add 2 Individual Ticket to the right side box. Test it and then add it to your import field mapping.

Why do you need a regular expression for this instead of two specific dictionary entries?

Replacement Value = Table, Values to match on = 1 Corporate Table Sponsor

Replacement Value = Individual Ticket, Values to match on = 2 Individual Ticket

Login or Signup to post a comment