Start a new topic

Error importing spouse

I have a new import file I'm working on where I need to import spouses into the constituent records. However, not every person has a spouse, so some have all the spouse fields blank. But IOM treats those as an exception saying I'm missing a Last Name. I assumed IOM would just know that if those fields are blank then there's no spouse but apparently not. How can I tell IOM to just ignore it if there's no spouse info rather than creating an exception for each one?

Ohh! I didn't have that checked. It looks like that fixed my problem. Thank you! 

I mean this setting under Relationships, Individual...

I only have their Title and First/Last name pulling in. Can you clarify what you mean by "Make sure the relationship is coming from settings and not a static field"?

I've found that if I have only names and address fields then it ignores blank spouses/contacts but as soon as I add extra fields, like phone #, then I start getting errors. Make sure the relationship is coming from settings and not a static field.  (I have custom coding that checks for a spouse/contact name and then copies the phone # from the donor record to a new field - let me know if you're interested.)

Login or Signup to post a comment