Description: This solution discusses how to get a file of existing constituent id numbers without updating the existing constituent record
While you are not able to get the constituent id by matching on existing records, you can retrieve the constituent import id by matching on existing records without updating the existing record.
1. Include the first name, last name, and basic address information for the constituent records that you will be matching.
2. Select "Constituents" from the left hand navigation pane and on the right of the view select the check box labeled "Do not add new constituents if they do not match an existing record". This will prevent new constituents from being added when processing the records for matching purposes only.
3. Select the drop down next to "Duplicate Search" in the left hand navigation pane and choose "Auto-pick" from the drop down options that appear. On the right of the "Auto-pick" view, select the check box to activate "Auto-pick record from search results if a single record exactly matches: ". This selection will activate the pre-selected criteria check boxes for auto-pick criteria options. Select "First & Last or Org Name, Address Block". This will allow records to be matched automatically when the name and address are an exact match. If the name and the address are not an exact match you will be prompted to make a selection of which record to match on in the "Duplicate Matching" view during import processing.
4. Select "Addresses" in the left hand navigation pane of processing rules. On the right of the view, choose to enter a value of "1" in the "_ - 100" similarity score bucket. You will select an option of "Ignore" in the drop down that appears below that bucket. Additionally, choose to enter a value of "0" in the "0 - _ " similarity score bucket. You will also select an option of "Ignore" in the drop down that appears below this bucket. This will allow you to see the address in the duplicate matching view but prevent any updates to the address field when processing.
5. You may also select "Queries" in the left hand navigation pane and select the check box to activate the "Modified Constituents" field. Provide a name for the static query of modified records. This is optional.
4. Finally, you will select "Files" from the left hand navigation pane. On the right of the view, you will mark the check box labeled "Include the Import ID of all matched or added Constituents in the output file. You will additionally select the check box, in the same view labeled "Include all source rows in the output file regardless of exceptions". This will create an output file of all constituents matched on or added during the importing process. That file will contain a column at the front of the file that has the import id for all matched constituents.