Description: This solution discusses creating a dictionary to use the gender to determine or assign the title
- Open IOM Configuration
- Select Dictionaries
- Select Add
- Select No
- Name your dictionary (ex: Title based on Gender)
- In the replacement values field on the left of the dictionary enter a value of Mr. and select enter to add the value
- Again, In the replacement values field on the left of the dictionary enter a value of Ms.. and select enter to add the value
- Highlight the value of "Mr." on the left. On the right, in the values to match on field, enter a value of "Male", select enter to add and associate.
- Highlight the value of "Ms." on the left. On the right, in the values to match on field, enter a value of "Female", select enter to add and associate.
*Note: Unknown is the default and does not need to be included.
- Select Save to exit the dictionary.
- Open the profile on which you would like to use the dictionary.
- Create a virtual column by selecting "Virtual Fields" from the profile navigation pane. Right click in the screen to get a prompt to "Insert Virtual Field"and use the following values::
Virtual Field = Gender
Raiser's Edge Field = Constituent > Bio > Sex
Dictionary = (select the newly created dictionary on this column)
Function = Copy Field
Seed = (Letter of the column on the field map that contains the Titles)
13. Select Save to exit the profile.
Refer to the ImportOmatic User Guide for additional information.