Product: Omatic Cloud
Description: This article walks you through how to map data using Omatic Cloud
- The data mapping page in Omatic Cloud presents you with 6 different columns.
- Column 1: Destination fields. These are the fields available in your CRM. The fields with a red asterisk are required fields in your CRM.
- Column 2: This column allows you to choose whether you want to Ignore, Map, or Define your data. The selected value by default is Ignore. Use Mapped to bring over values from the source. Click in the search box to find the field name with the values. For example, when processing email addresses, selected Mapped then Email address. Defined allows you to supply the same value for every record being processed. Click in the search box and type in the value to bring to Salesforce.
- Column 3: This column is where you choose the value from your file to input into the fields in your CRM.
- Column 4: This column allows you to apply actions to your data. You can clean up your data by applying proper casing, lower casing, upper casing, as well as adjust the date and time or postal code formatting. It also allows you to transform your data. Let's say you are importing Campaign Member Statuses, and those who have purchased a ticket to an upcoming event are showing a status of "Responded." With Omatic Cloud, you can transform that data so it shows something more relevant and understandable.
- Column 5: The actions column will show you the clean up and transformation actions you've applied.
- Column 6: This column shows example data. Here you can see exactly how the data will flow into your system. It will only show the first 20 examples from your file.
- If you are mapping to multiple objects, you can use the "Jump to section" on the bottom of the screen to easily navigate to a different object for mapping.