Product: Omatic Cloud
Description: This solution explains the Match Override action when reviewing Needs Attention records.
Within Omatic Cloud, you can redirect an incoming record to update a record in your destination that it did not match to by using the Match Override button. This allows more flexibility in matching to a known record in your destination.
After clicking the Override button, you can enter the URL from your destination system that you'd like the incoming record to match and update. Then click Get Record to confirm the correct record was retrieved.
Tip: please be sure to copy and paste the entire URL from your destination system.
Why would I want to do this?
Scenario 1: You manually added your incoming record to your destination while running the import in Omatic Cloud, and Omatic Cloud did not identify the match. You can copy the URL from your destination to force Omatic Cloud to update the existing record in your destination, rather than reprocess the whole list of New Records.
Scenario 2: You have duplicates in your destination system, and you want to override the match that Omatic Cloud has identified with a different record.
Keep in mind:
- Match override is available for the following grids:
- 1:1 matches
- 1:Many matches
- Omatic Cloud will validate the URL. If it is a bad URL, you will get an error.
- If you are using BBCRM as your destination system:
- The type of record in BBCRM has to be individual
- Omatic Cloud is checking to ensure the URL is related to the user's account for the destination system
- If you are using Salesforce as your destination system:
- The type of object (Contact or Account) should match the information you are sending. You cannot send Contact data to an Account object.
**NOTE: When using Match Override, you enter the URL for the destination record you are matching to.