Description: This solution describes how to resolve the error: A device attached to the system is not functioning
Environment: Blackbaud Hosting
This error occurs when PostOmatic attempts to write the output files from the Blackbaud Hosting Citrix environment to a path on the user’s local environment or organization’s network location due to a communication or connectivity issue between the two environments.
The same issue could manifest itself by never receiving the error message, but the path where output files are created are missing files.
A user may also see the "File In Use" error in the local client machine when accessing files in the file output path.
The message says “The action can't be completed because the file is open in Citrix HDX Engine. Close the file and try again.”
To resolve the issue:
- Navigate to the PostOmatic plugin from with The Raiser’s Edge database view.
- Click the Settings button on the bottom right-hand portion of the plugin.
- Change the File output folder setting, on the General tab of PostOmatic Settings, to a folder within the Blackbaud Hosting environment. Writing a file to the same network where RE and POM live ensures that no connectivity issues between environments interrupt the posting process.
- Save and Close the settings
- Re-run the plugin to test that the file(s) can be created.
Tip: An output folder with an organization’s Blackbaud Site ID in the path is typically an indicator that the location is within the Blackbaud Hosting environment. In the example above, 20929 is the Blackbaud Site ID.
Blackbaud has provided the following KB on their website for how to access the Blackbaud hosting files: